Chalk Paint Application
Last Updated at 2017-07-12 17:13:27 UTC
Chalk Style Paint is a fun, easy way to add age and character to any surface. The paint gets applied on thick and requires very little surface prep.
Depending on the color choice and the technique you are using, simply apply 1 or 2 coats of the product to a clean, dust-free surface (may be lightly sanded) and seal it with Clear Wax. For a more “distressed” and “aged” look, use the Dark Wax.
• All surfaces should be clean and free of dust, chalk, oil, grease, wax, mold and
mildew stains, loose and peeling paint, rust and all other foreign substances.
• We recommend to scuff and sand glossy surfaces and repair imperfections. Remove all dust with a
damp cloth and allow to dry.
• Use MAGNOLIA HOME BY JOANNA GAINES CHALK STYLE PAINT on properly prepared uncoated or painted interior surfaces.
•For woods that contain tannins such as redwood and cedar use a primer coat of a product such as KILZ PREMIUM Water-Base Interior/Exterior Stain Blocking Primer. Follow the instruction on the back of primer label and top coat it with MAGNOLIA HOME BY JOANNA GAINES CHALK STYLE PAINT.
The beauty of using this product is that you can create your own personal style; use a thick layer of chalkpaint or dilute it and use it to create a color washed look and feel on your project.
• Make sure to shake the container thoroughly before opening for application.
• Use on properly prepared surfaces.
• The quick dry time allows you to assess the dried film hide and determine if another coat of product is desired or not.
• Use product when the surface and air temperatures are between 50-90°F and
will remain in that range for at least 4 hours after applying.
• For application use a quality Nylon/Polyester brush.
• Depending on your technique, you can achieve 100- 150 sq. ft. coverage per quart .
• This product is formulated to be rich and concentrated to provide excellent hide and coverage. If you find this product to be too thick add up to 2 oz. of water per quart to thin it to the desired thickness for smooth and easy application.